Part Time Driver/Loader:
Do you have a heart for the community? Are you physically fit and do you hold a full UK driving licence? Would you like to help play your part in helping to positively change peoples lives?
New Life Wood is recruiting for a part time Driver / Loader, 15 hours per week to help organise our wood collections and deliveries across South Essex. Please do get in touch for a full job description and application form (contact details are at the bottom of this job posting).
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Communicating with the New Life Wood Manager regarding planning and
assignment of daily tasks.
- Liaising with Construction Site Managers re planning and carrying out wood
collections as required.
- Ensuring that all wood collections and delivery bookings assigned to you are noted,
organised and carried out on time.
- To organise, supervise and support the needs of any volunteers assigned to assist
you in your wood collections and deliveries.
- Reporting each days activities to the Manager at the end of each day.
- Responsible for carrying out the daily vehicle checks at the beginning of each day.
Qualifications and Experience
- Applicants must have a full, current UK driving licence.
- Experience of driving in a commercial environment and dealing directly with customers / members of the public
Applicants must also have:
- A good level of physical fitness and are able to lift and move bulky items.
- Good basic handwriting and comprehension skills, and the ability to complete standard forms clearly.
- Good inter-personal skills and an awareness of importance of customer care.
- A basic understanding of Health and Safety responsibilities attached to the post.
- The ability to communicate effectively, and good listening skills.
- The ability to make decisions on a day to day basis and to prioritise work tasks
Eligible applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check, driving licence check and driving assessments as part of the selection process. Full Health and Safety Training and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will be provided to help ensure your safety in this role. An induction and welcome to the charity will also be provided upon starting.