We need you!
New Life Wood Recycling is brand new and as a volunteer we can offer you a great opportunity to help shape our future and make a real difference in the community too!
Our aims are to:
- Reduce poverty and unemployment for our work placement adults
- Create jobs and training for the people of South Essex
- Bring about positive change and help restore lives in the local community
Volunteers are at the heart of what we do. We are looking for people of all ages and backgrounds to help with our important work. You don’t need any experience and can do as little as 4 hours a week – there are lots of things to get involved with and various volunteer job opportunities available. All potential volunteers are initially invited for an informal chat where they will also have the opportunity to ask any questions and find out more.
On acceptance of your application, your responsibilites may include:
As a mentor:
- Mentor those in work place positions
- Help trained coaches run anti-poverty money management and training courses
As a work placement:
- Collect wood
- Prepare timber for sale
- Work in the shop
- Make wooden products
- Meet and greet our customers and make them feel really welcome
There will also be opportunities to get involved with sales, marketing, administration, designing products or any other tasks required to operate a busy and successful small not for profit activity.
How to apply
You can complete an application form and send us an email or post/hand in a hard copy.
Please contact Peter Hall for an application form and if you have any questions or are interested in joining our team: